How to Get Thicker HairIf your hair is starting to thin or you’ve always had thin and limp strands, perhaps you want to finally learn how to get thicker hair. Thicker hair is possible, even for those with the finest of hair. You may just have to test out a few different methods and find out which one works best for you.

Here are some tips on how to get thicker hair:

1. Use a thickening shampoo and conditioner consistently. Thickening shampoo and conditioners work by plumping each strand of hair. They are generally protein-based shampoos because protein helps to attract more moisture. When your hair is more moisturized, it can appear and feel thicker as well. A consistent process can help thicken your hair quickly. Try our Keranique Thicker Fuller Hair Kit, which contains a thickening shampoo, conditioner, two different serums, and a lift and repair treatment spray.
  2. If you have thin hair, a shorter haircut may make your hair appear thicker. Try a short to medium length haircut. If you have very fine hair, it can appear stringy or weighed down when it is very long.
  3. Tease your hair. While teasing your hair was very popular back in the ‘80s, a little bit of teasing can go a long way. Gently tease at your roots with a teasing brush or a new toothbrush to give your hair a little more volume.
  4. Get some highlights. The right highlights can make your hair appear thicker. Ask your hairstylist for advice on the best highlights for your skin tone. Mention that you’d like your hair to appear thicker as well.
  5. Start taking supplements. Healthy hair begins with a healthy diet. If you aren’t able to get enough nutrients in your diet, ask your doctor what vitamins you may need to get thicker, fuller hair. Try our Keraviatin supplement that contains vitamins that will help your hair grow thicker.
  6. Use a ceramic brush. When you blow dry your hair or style it, try using a ceramic brush. It can help to create volume and reduce frizzy hair.
  7. Use dry shampoo to create volume. If you run out of hairspray, don’t fret. Dry shampoo can also give you that volume that you crave. Some dry shampoos are even made with thickening agents.
  8. Try extensions. If nothing seems to be working, extensions can help create volume and thickness in your hair. There are so many different extensions out there for every budget and many of them are made with real hair.
  9. Keep your hair healthy. If your hair isn’t healthy, then it won’t grow and it won’t get thicker. Make sure you are hydrated, eating a healthy diet, getting regular haircuts, staying out of the sun, and avoiding things that damage your hair. If your hair is very damaged, try a deep moisturizing treatment and avoid hot tools for a while.
  10. Your best bet is our Keranique Hair Regrowth System if you are struggling to regrow your hair. The highly rated system contains everything you need to regrow your hair at its thickest ever.

Do you wish you had thicker hair? What is the first thing you will try on this list?

If you found this article informative, please SHARE with your friends and family who are always wishing for thicker hair!

14 thoughts on “How to Get Thicker Hair

1. Bernadette Newton says:

I am traveling and am using the Lift and Repair treatment and so disappointed as it leaves my hair flat and sticky and using only a small amount. I am having to wash my hair daily. I am using another gel for thickening. Is this normal?

Hi Bernadette, we are sorry to hear about your experience. You’re right to use a little of the Lift & Repair Treatment Spray, as a little goes a long way. Please check out the video on this link to see some tips and tricks when using the Lift & Repair Treatment Spray: https://keranique.com/lift-and-repair-treatment-hair-thickening-products
      Also, I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to reach out and discuss your goals, usage and expectations so we can better support you with Keranique!

2. ROLLANDE BOURGET says:

I have been using your KERANIQUE products for 3 months…..my hair is dry and i find ‘short length of hair’ on my brush …as if my hair ‘breaks’…..not too happy with the product. ..Seem that they thicker and then breaks and fall!!

Hi Rollande, thank you for reaching out. For dry hair, we highly recommend our Damage Control Shampoo and Conditioner formulas which are formulated to moisturize and detangle without looking or feeling heavy; leaving your hair soft, silky and protected. On top of hydrating your hair, they work to gently deep clean and stimulate the scalp. Combine this duo with our Marula Oil Hair Mist for added moisture and shine. There are additional products that you can add into your regimen to help with dry hair, we have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to better assist you with your goals!

3. consolacion, helbling says:

Does coloring the hair would affect during the period of hair treatment? your reply is highly appreciated thanks.

Thank you for your question! Absolutely, we have many happy and successful customers who have chemically and color treated hair! Our products are sulfate, dye and paraben free and are completely safe for color-treated hair. We recommend our Keranique Color Boost Shampoo and Conditioner. This duo is scientifically formulated to deliver strand-saving moisture, decrease breakage and prevent your color from fading or washout. We can also customize this into your Keranique Hair System kit! Feel free to contact us anytime and we’d be more than happy to help 😊

4. Jeanette cast says:

I already have shampoo and conditioner keratitis I just need the lift spray I ran out of that and it really help my hair grow and thicken my hair I still have shampo and conditioner I havvnt open yet so pleas send me some hair lift spray!!!

Hi Jeannette, thank you for using Keranique!! A Customer Relations Liaison will reach out to you and assist you with placing an order!

5. Sandy says:

I have been using your products for over a year, my hair is still not growing. I have started taking the supplements about a month ago. The shampoos you have make my hair very dry, even the conditioner does not work. I have also used the mask and all of your products but nothing seems to work. It is always dry and frizzed. It is thin and fine, breaks off frequently. I have tried about 50 different brushes and that does not work either. I am so depressed about it, but I have kept using it anyway in hopes that eventually it will.

Hi Sandy, we are sorry to hear about your frustration. Hair growth differs from person to person, and always takes time and requires patience. Some users notice results in as little as 2 to 4 months, but to see best results, it can take from 6 months up to a year. Once you’ve experienced initial results, you will continue to see improvement in your hair. We understand it can be frustrating waiting on results, but we’re here to support you on your hair journey. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to better assist you with your experience, goals and usage. Thank you

6. Lucille Walund says:

Hi there I’m new to this product and find that the minoxidil topical solution dries my eyes and gives me a headache. Will these effects diminish as I continue to us this product?

Hi Lucille, we are sorry to hear about your experience. We definitely encourage you to stop using the Regrowth Treatment. A Customer Relations Liaison will reach out to you to discuss your goals and expectations so we can better assist you with Keranique!

Hi Lucille,
      You can treat all three areas at once. Please check out this video where our model demonstrates the correct application process with Keranique Regrowth Treatment. Our precision sprayer allows direct access to the thinning or balding spots. After you spray, gently tap the treatment into your scalp for the best results. And always finish by thoroughly washing your hands with soap and water. About 15 seconds in you can see the demonstration, as Celebrity Stylist, Franco Della Grazia talks about the benefits!