As tempting as it is to wash your hair each morning, it may not be the best thing to do. Most people think healthy hair translates to well-washed, squeaky clean looking hair, but is this true? Over-washing your hair can lead to dryness and breakage, something you don’t want or may already be struggling with. Below are some signs that you are shampooing too frequently.

1. Your hair is looking flat

Is your hair looking lifeless? Over shampooing may be to blame. To achieve a healthy, full-looking head of hair, there needs to be a balance of moisture between your hair and scalp.

2. Your hair is frizzy

A change in your hair’s texture may be a result of shampooing too frequently. The better your hair is moisturized, the more manageable and softer it will be. A simple solution to frizzy hair is Keranique Marula Oil Hair Mist. The mist is enriched with luxurious African oils that instantly adds moisture & shine, smooths away frizz & flyaways, and rejuvenates dry hair.

3. You notice flakes on your scalp

If you are over-washing your hair, you may begin to notice flakes on your scalp. Harsh shampoos can dry out your scalp and strip it of natural oils that your scalp emits to help nourish hair.

The frequency of washing your hair depends on your hair type. For those with thin hair, you may need to wash it every other day. If you have thicker hair, you may be able to wash it every three or four days. There is no concrete answer to how often you should be washing your hair, but in most cases, it’s not every day.

This article is not intended to treat any disease or offer a substitution for professional medical advice.

12 thoughts on “Are You Shampooing Too Frequently?

1. Freida Spriggs says:

My hair is short and medium and not dry. I wash my hair every other week and depending on what I do maybe three weeks. I work in my flower garden and when I get to sweaty I wash it then. I use your products and love them.

Hi Freida, You can continue to wash your hair as often as you do normally using Keranique shampoos and conditioners. Just remember to see the best results with our Regrowth Treatment, you need to apply the minoxidil directly onto the scalp in problem areas twice a day, morning and night, on dry or damp towel dried hair. Please let us know if you have any other questions and we’d be more than happy to help 😊

2. Maria Rangel says:

How much is the Marula oil hairmist? Was wondering if my order was being shipped. Was charged for it on August 8th. Thank you

Hi Maria, your order has shipped!!! It is en route. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to follow up with your tracking number. Our Marula Oil Hair Mist is $35.

3. Renee Arango says:

Hello, I would like to try your product, but is it $65 dollars per month or a one time only price and then if I would like to continue using it I can get it at a discounted price? If this works for me I would like to use all of the time. I am glad you covered this subject, because I work out every day and I sweat in my head so I feel the need to wash it all the time, but I’m going to try washing it less often for now and see how that goes. Thanks for listening and I’m glad I wrote.

4. Susan Fontana says:

Please do not send me anymore products until I request it. I shampoo my hair every other day and I have very little hair, so don’t use much. The container the shampoo and conditioner you last sent was impossible for me to open and squeeze out. I had to transfer it to other containers I had. Hope you’ve changed it.

Hi Susan, we are sorry to hear about the difficulties with the shampoo and conditioner. We do have alternative tubes that you may find easier to use. We have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to better assist you.

Hi Virgie, thank you for using Keranique. We have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to better assist you with your orders. Thank you