Going swimming is fun in the summer, but what do you do with your wet hair afterward? What if you have a party or an event right after you go swimming? You may be tempted to be a buzzkill and try not to get your hair wet, but we all know that generally doesn’t go according to plan.
If you’re attending any event with a pool, make sure to bring a bag of supplies. Of course, you’ll need a towel, extra clothes, and sunscreen, but you can also bring items to help you save your hairdo. Pack a brush, leave-in condition, hair gel, and other hair accessories.
Here are a few easy hairstyles to do with wet hair:
- Spray in some leave-in conditioner and throw your hair in a bun. There are many different buns you can do. If you want to try a little bit of a wild look, put your hair in two buns and secure with bobby pins. If you want a more classic look, put your hair in a ballerina bun. If you want a little more laidback look, just throw your hair in a messy topknot.
- If you have braiding skills, put your hair into a milkmaid’s braid. Again, leave-in conditioner after swimming can prevent your hair from getting too frizzy. Make a braid with hair in the front of your face. Repeat on the other side and wrap each braid to the opposite side. Use bobby pins to secure the braids.
- If you don’t have great braiding skills, you can simply put your hair in a regular braid or just put your hair in a ponytail and twist it until you can tie an elastic at the end.
- A ponytail is another classic way to get wet hair out of your face. To mix it up a bit, make a bubble ponytail. Take your pick of a high or low ponytail and secure with an elastic. Then a few inches down, put another elastic in and continue adding them. Then you can pull the hair out a little bit at the sides to create a bubble look.
- Try a slicked-back look and go with the wet hair look. Use hair gel to slick your wet hair back so it continues to stay wet looking.
Which look is your favorite? Which one will you try at your next pool party after you’re done swimming?
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who need some tips on how to style their hair after they go swimming!