If you feel like your thinning or balding hair is the center of attention, it’s time to bring the attention back to you. Hiding bald spots is a simple trick to help get your confidence back if you are in the process of growing your hair back with hair regrowth products. There are a few ways to hide bald spots and it’s up to you to decide which you are most comfortable with.

Experiment with different hairstyles

Depending on where your bald spot or spots are, you can do something as simple as changing where you part your hair. Putting your hair back or in a ponytail can also conceal your bald spots, but be careful that these hairstyles are not too tight. You can potentially make your bald spots worse by pulling your hair back too tight. A protective low ponytail hairstyle that’s also super cute can be done by following these steps:

1. Part your hair down the center if you’re comfortable doing so, otherwise a side part can look chic as well!
  2. Gently tease the back of your crown and spray with a product that has a bit of grip like Keranique’s Volume Boost Invisible Dry Shampoo (back to the 80’s!)
  3. Gather your hair in a low ponytail making sure to take out pieces of hair to frame your face.
  4. Consider trying out ponytail hair extension—there are so many out there to match your hair color!

woman with low ponytail hairstyle

Concealing sprays or scalp powders

Some bald spots take more effort than just trying a different hairstyle. Concealing sprays such as the Keranique Tint & Texture, Color Density Treatment and scalp powders such as Keranique Fiber Instant-FX may be just what you need to hide bald spots. A concealing spray can be that extra bit of coverage when you wear a hair style that may otherwise leave you feeling exposed.

Make an appointment with your hairdresser

This idea is a little more drastic than just putting your hair in a ponytail, but it can be the change that makes you feel a little bit more excited about styling your hair in the morning. Your hairdresser may have ideas on how to cut your hair to camouflage a bald spot. For example, if you have a bald spot toward the front of your scalp, a cute side swept bang could keep you feeling confident to take on the day without worry.

relaxed woman with a pixie cut and side swept bangs

These tips and tricks for hiding your bald spots are good for short-term solutions, but if you’re ready for long-term results, you may want to try hair regrowth products. The Keranique Hair Regrowth System includes the Scalp Stimulating Shampoo, Volumizing Conditioner, Hair Regrowth Treatment, and Lift Repair Treatment Spray. This combination of products can be just what you need to get your hair back, and more importantly your confidence.

This article is not intended to treat any disease or offer a substitution for professional medical advice.

14 thoughts on “Tips and Tricks to Hiding Bald Spots

1. AW says:

Why are you suggesting the hair fibers. They have been sold out for a year. I called and was told it was a discontinued item.

2. Audrey Montgomery says:

I’ve been concerned that this product will take my hair out or not help it grow, has anyone experienced this problem?
    Please help !!

Hi Audrey, keep in mind, hair shedding at the beginning of the treatment may happen for a small percentage of users, but it’s temporary (usually lasting from 2 – 6 weeks at most), and this can actually indicate that Keranique is working. So it’s really a good sign. Hair grows slowly – on average hair grows about ½ inch per month. It has to emerge from the follicle before it grows from the scalp, so there will be a short period of 3 – 4 months before you will begin to see a visible difference. As the Keranique Hair Regrowth Treatment with 2% Minoxidil begins to take effect and regrow hair, it is important to realize that it can also help stop further hair loss by revitalizing and stimulating hair follicles.

3. M M says:

I have been using your shampoo for the last 2 months. Yes, I new growth BUT my scalp starts to itch and then my hair falls out in huge amounts. I’m talking about a hand full of hair every time I brush/comb or even just run my fingers though my hair. I have always had thick hair – barely able to wrap a rubber band twice. Now I can wrap the rubber band 4 times and it’s still loose.
    I’m very frustrated.

Good Afternoon,
      We completely understand your frustration in experiencing additional shedding. Keep in mind This is not uncommon, hair shedding at the beginning of the treatment may happen for a small percentage of users, but it’s temporary (usually lasting from 2 – 6 weeks at most), and this can actually indicate that Keranique is working. So it’s really a good sign. Hair grows slowly – on average hair grows about ½ inch per month. It has to emerge from the follicle before it grows from the scalp, so there will be a short period of 3 – 4 months before you will begin to see a visible difference. As the Keranique Hair Regrowth Treatment with 2% Minoxidil begins to take effect and regrow hair, it is important to realize that it can also help stop further hair loss by revitalizing and stimulating hair follicles.
      I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to reach out and better assist you.

4. Nellie Stark says:

I have been using your Keranique products faithfully for 8 months and my hair has started to break off….all over my head…not something I am excited about with my already thinning hair…any thoughts on this

Hi Nellie, we are sorry to hear about the breakage. We offer alternative shampoo and conditioner formulas to enable you to customize your treatment for your hair. For dry hair, we highly recommend our Deep Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner formulas. This duo is scientifically formulated to decrease breakage, strengthen your hair and keep it moisturized. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Team to reach out and better assist you with customizing Keranique to suit your hair goals.