If you are craving curly hair but don’t have the time, energy or cash to get a perm, you can still have natural curls! Even if you don’t want to use hot styling tools every single day to achieve the perfect curl. There are many ways to create natural curls without inflicting heat damage on your hair with tons of chemical products and curling irons.
Here are the top ways to get natural curls:
- After washing your hair, try a twist and press method of drying your hair. This could help you create natural curls. After you jump out of the shower, take your towel and press and twist your hair in the towel. Don’t rub it back and forth because this could create frizz.
- Don’t brush your hair so much. Brushing your hair a lot will obviously straighten it out, but it could also cause breakage. Use a wide-toothed comb after you condition your hair in the shower. Then let it air dry without brushing it again.
- When you get your next haircut, ask for a feathered end. A hairstylist can feather your ends with a razor or scissors. This helps create volume and curls.
- Use a curl crème. If you regularly use oils or serums, switch them out for a curl crème to help you achieve perfect curls. You can also try a mousse, which helps create a curly texture. Try Keranique Thickening & Texturizing Mousse or Keranique Curl Preserve | Nourishing Keratin Conditioner for Curly, Textured Hair.
- If you blow dry your hair, use a diffuser. It will help give your curls shape. Put your hairdryer in a low heat setting, put the diffuser on your hair dryer and use your hands to scrunch your hair as you dry.
- When your curls are set, use a light hairspray to help them keep their hold all day long. A light hairspray will hold your hair without making it crunchy.
- If your curls aren’t as curly as you’d like, your hair might be dry and damaged. Use a deep conditioning treatment once or twice a month to keep your hair hydrated, healthy, and help you achieve the perfect curl.
- Try a salt spray. Salt sprays are great for adding texture and helping your hair go into a natural curl. Plus, they generally smell really great too!
Do you have naturally curly hair or are you always looking for ways to boost your curls? Do you regularly let your hair air dry or do you dry it and use a curling iron?
If you found this article interesting, please SHARE with your friends and family who are looking for ways to get natural curls easily!
This article is not intended to treat any disease or offer a substitution for professional medical advice.