While frizzy hair is generally more common in the summer months, it really can strike at any time. Some of us are unfortunately born with frizzy hair and need to work with our hair to stop the frizz. If you are fed up with your frizz, learn a few ways to stop it fast and get your hair looking and feeling much smoother.
Here are some of the best tips to fight frizz:
- Don’t wash your hair every day. It can cause damage and can actually cause frizzy hair. Try to wash your hair every other day and even longer if your hair can handle it without becoming too greasy looking. Use dry shampoo in between while your hair adjusts to this new cleansing schedule.
- Frizzy hair needs more moisture. Always use conditioner when you wash your hair and try using a leave-in conditioner after you wash your hair. You could also try a hot oil treatment or deep conditioning mask once a week.
- Get regular trims and ask your hairstylist which products are right for your specific hair type. If your hair is damaged and has split ends, you are more likely to have frizz as well. Get your hair cut every 6-8 weeks or as directed by your hairstylist. Remember that long layers are generally great cuts to help reduce frizz in your hair.
- Protect your hair from the elements that can cause frizz. Before you head out, check the weather. You may want to use different styling products for different types of weather. For example, rainy weather is more likely to cause frizzy hair. Wear your hair in a bun that day and throw on some leave-in conditioner first. Wear a hat or a scarf when outdoors to protect your hair from the sun and wind as well.
- Try a gloss treatment. If your hair is seriously lacking shine and feeling frizzy, a gloss treatment can prevent faded color, add shine, and get rid of frizz all in one. Ask your hairstylist at your next hair appointment or look for an at-home gloss treatment at the beauty supply store.
- After you wash your hair and before you style it, make sure you dry your hair completely. Leaving your hair slightly wet just invites in more frizz.
- Look for anti-frizz products. They now sell anti-frizz shampoos, conditioners, serums and much more. Arm yourself with all of the best products to help keep a smooth head of hair. Our Marula Oil Hair Mist is a great product to help add shine and reduce frizz quickly and easily.
Do you have frizzy hair? Does it get worse in certain months or climates? What products do you use to prevent and treat frizz?
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with all of your friends and family who could use some help with their frizzy hair!