If you have short hair, you know that it can be low maintenance, but it can also be hard to deal with. If you have very short hair, you can’t just throw your hair in a ponytail or a bun on a bad hair day. You have to either wear a hat or deal with it. Here are some important styling tips if you have short hair or are looking to cut it:
- First of all, you need to get the right cut for your hair type. Just because you found a photo of a short hairstyle that you like doesn’t mean that it will look good with your hair type. Some cuts look better with thin, thick, curly, wavy, or straight hair. Ask your hairstylist for help on which cuts look best with your specific hair type and face shape.
- If you are a short hair newbie, ask your hairstylist which tools and products you will need to achieve the look you desire. You may want to have your hair dry naturally straight, curly, or get a textured look. Different products and tools can help you get a certain look. Our Thickening & Texturizing Mousse is a great product to use for short hair. You may also need to get new shampoo, conditioner, and brushes for your newly chopped hair.
- Try some new hairstyles that look great on short hair and can simultaneously hide a bad hair day:
- Try a French Twist. You can achieve this look even with short hair. Simply twist what you can and pin it really well. Then use hairspray to set.
- Use mousse or balm to create texture in your hair.
- Try a braided look. Frame your face with some small braids or twist braids around your head.
- If you need a quick way to look cute and hide dirty hair, use a scarf or a headband for a whole new look.
- Slick your hair back for a chic and classy look on a night out.
Do you have short hair? Do you plan on cutting your hair short any time soon? What are your favorite looks for short hair?
If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who have short hair!