How to Get Shiny Hair

Everyone wants shiny hair. It doesn’t matter what hair type you have, you can achieve shiny, glistening locks. It just takes some TLC and maybe a few new products.

Here are some ways to get shiny hair:

1. Rinse with cold water. While cold water might not feel the best in the shower, it can really help cleanse your hair and make it super shiny. It seals and smooths the hair cuticle, which adds shine. Once you’re done shampooing and conditioning your hair, rinse with a bit of cold water before you jump out.
  2. Limit your use of hot tools. Dry, damaged hair does not look shiny. Don’t blow dry your hair and straighten or curl it every day. This will make it damaged and unable to look shiny even with shine spray. If you do use hot tools, make sure to use heat protective spray.
  3. Try a gloss treatment or shine spray. At your next hair appointment, ask for a gloss treatment. It is basically a clear gloss that will seal in your color and give you the ultimate shine. Shine sprays are also great for a little spritz after you style your hair. Just make sure not to use too much and don’t spray at your scalp or your hair may become oily.
  4. Try an oil treatment. It can help repair damaged and dry hair and give it that shine.
  5. Take omega supplements. Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids are great for strong and healthy hair. This will ensure your hair stays shiny and strong.
  6. Try a clarifying shampoo. If you regularly have buildup on your scalp, using a clarifying shampoo about once a month can help clear out that buildup and shine up your hair.
  7. Try an apple cider vinegar rinse. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with one cup of water. After you wash your hair, rinse your hair with the mixture. It is basically a natural clarifying shampoo.
  8. Brush your hair. You don’t really need to brush your hair 100 times per day, but daily brushing will help to pull natural oils from your scalp down to the rest of your hair, which will make it shinier.

Do you always wish for shiny hair? What is your favorite way to get shiny hair?

If you enjoyed this article, please SHARE with your friends and family who want shiny hair!

This article is not intended to treat any disease or offer a substitution for professional medical advice.

10 thoughts on “How to Get Shiny Hair

1. Carren Richardson says:

I love this product but don’t wish to have it continually sent to me. l find that to expensive. Is there somewhere l can buy other than on line.

Hi Carren, we are happy to hear that you love Keranique. Remember, you can control your automatic shipments via our online portal to your account- https://myaccount.keranique.com/login.
      Alternatively, you can find Keranique in select CVS stores, Ulta Beauty stores, and Sephora boutiques in JCPenney stores.

2. Linda Relerford says:

After rinsing my hair with the apple cider mixture, should I leave it in my hair or rinse it out? As usual, should I use the my conditioner after washing? If not, when?

Hi Linda, thank you for your question. Once you’ve rinsed your hair with the apple cider vinegar rinse leave it on your hair for 1-2 minutes and rinse it completely out. Typically, you don’t need to follow with your conditioner, as the apple cider vinegar conditions individual strands, however if after experimenting, you find that you need to use some conditioner, go ahead, starting out with a little bit on the ends.
      Remember, you know your hair the best!

3. Ronald Ridgeway says:

I have been using the product you sent as direction on each bottle. My hair looks thicker when dried however after I wash hair towel dry gentle, my hair is dry feeling and comb is hard to get through the knots. My hair is fine & thin middle of back long. It was in good shape. No broken off ends etc. I decided to try the products due to my very thin & fine hair and around forehead I have lost a lot of hair. Some balding going on. Back to your products. I love the hair feeling and looking thicker I dont like the frizzy look it has now and that to comb out or brush hair breaks it off due to knotting and dried out. Should I stop using the product. Hair is not falling out just knotting up, frezzy, and hairbreaking off now due to dried, knotted hair.

Good Afternoon,
      Keep in mind, it is not uncommon for some users to experience drying as we all have different types and textures of hair. The most important component for regrowth is the Regrowth Treatment with 2% Minoxidil. Using that twice a day on the thinning areas on your scalp will ensure that you experience regrowth. The other products within our Regrowth System support the strength and thickness of your existing hair and the new hair as it emerges.

The key to Keranique is not only finding the best way to apply the Regrowth Treatment for your scalp, but also incorporate the other products within your normal hair care regimen.

For the Regrowth System some people find that the best way to absorb the treatment is to lightly spritz your scalp with the water to enable your skin to absorb the Minoxidil better, whereas others find that they can absorb the product sufficiently without dampening the scalp. Remember, the Regrowth Treatment should be applied to your scalp, not your existing hair. And a little goes a long way – if you don’t need 6-sprays, don’t use 6.

Similarly with the other products, incorporating the Scalp Stimulating Shampoo and Volumizing Keratin Conditioner – use them as you would normally shampoo and condition. And with the Lift & Repair Treatment Spray, it is heat activated – if you blow dry, curl or straighten your hair – work this into your hair at the root as you style. You can also use it as a light-weight/hold hair spray.

If, you find that you are still experiencing dryness – there are other avenues to explore. We offer multiple Shampoo/Conditioning formulas that all contain our Keratin Amino Complex, which helps to thicken and strengthen your hair, to better customize Keranique to suit your hair:

– Deep Hydration
      – Damage Control
      – Curl Preserve
      – Color Boost

Alternatively, we offer a product called Marula Oil Hair Mist which is a light-weight, nutrient rich scalp and hair moisturizer to better enable manageability.

I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Liaison to reach out and better assist you with reaching your hair goals with Keranique.

4. Aurea says:

After using Rogaine for at least 9 years, I decided to give Keranique a chance, since I noticed that I wasn’t getting the kind of results I wanted. To my surprise and a few other family members, my hair has shown much better results with the Keranique. My hair has filled out really nicely. As the user with the review before mine, my hair has grown back very frizzy and looks extremely dry. I cannot use your shampoo or conditioner due to it contains an ingredient that I’m allergic to. I used to wash my hair daily, but now I’m washing only once a week And still my hair shows no sign of moisture, but rather dry, dry dry. I have been trying different kinds of shampoos and conditioners but nothing has helped. Can you help. BTW, I have 2 family members that are going to buy Keranique.
    Thank you for any help you can give me.

Hi Aurea,
      We are so happy to hear that you are experiencing the expected results with Keranique Regrowth Treatment!!! Newly regrowing hair can be difficult to manage at first, and dryness is not uncommon when using the Regrowth Treatment. We do have multiple options to help manage the frizziness and dryness that you are experiencing. To better assist you with Keranique, I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Team. We are happy to support you through your regrowth journey with Keranique!