The cool winter air is extremely dry, making it more difficult to maintain healthy, moisturized hair. Even on the healthiest heads of hair, winter can do a number, so it is important to take precautionary steps to give your hair the best chance at staying hydrated through the winter season.

Do’s

Most importantly, do moisturize your hair. Dryness is inevitable during the winter and can cause your hair to become brittle which leads to breakage. Using the Keranique Deep Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner is one way to combat the dryness. Not only will the Deep Hydration Scalp Stimulating Shampoo nourish and rejuvenate the hair follicles, but it will help reduce flaking of the scalp. The Deep Hydration Volumizing Conditioner works to thicken and pump up your thin, flat hair.

If hats are your thing during the winter, great! If they aren’t, try to learn to like them or utilize other techniques such as wrapping a scarf around your head. The dry winter wind can do real, unwanted damage to your hair. Protect it with some type of headwear to keep your hair looking and feeling healthy.

Winter Hair Care Do's and Dont's

Don’ts

Hair should never be washed every day, especially during the winter. Washing your hair can dry it out more and strip the strands of essential nutrients and oils. The natural oils will benefit your hair during the winter and help decrease the frizz and dryness. When washing your hair, try and use lukewarm water rather than scalding hot water, this will help preserve some of those vital nutrients as well.

Other things you should avoid are going outside with wet hair and even combing your hair while it is wet. If you absolutely have to blow dry or straighten your hair, be sure to use heat protectant.

14 thoughts on “Winter Hair Care Do’s and Dont’s

1. Kellie says:

I find the Keranique moisturizing products extremely drying to my hair and the conditioner is does nothing to “plump” my hair.. I do use the shampoo but I use another product for the conditioner that makes my hair look and feel much better. Please do not send me more of the conditioner.

Hi Kellie, I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to better assist you with customizing your automatic shipment program. You may also contact our Customer Service team as they are available 24 hours a day at (888)237-4131.

2. Margaret says:

It’s interesting the info about not washing your hair everyday. I called in after having my kit for a few months…I wasn’t delighted with the shampoo and conditioner..the gentleman on the phone asked me how many times a week I wash my hair. I replied…3.-5 times…he said…ohh well it’s very important that I wash it every day….to say the least I’m a bit upset because I’ve been doing just that….which is it???? Hmmmm or was that just a ploy to get me to keep using it???? Not good at all. Will prob cancel my decision to use your product….sorry. Bad customer service.

Hi Margaret,
      Keep in mind, we all have different types and textures of hair. The key to Keranique is not only finding the best way to apply the Regrowth Treatment for your scalp, but also incorporate the other products within your normal hair care regimen. I apologize for the conversation with the Customer Service representative, there isn’t a standard, “correct” way to incorporate your Shampoo and Conditioner. It is essential to find what works best for your scalp, to ensure the most efficient absorption of Keranique Regrowth Treatment. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Liaison, Pam to better assist you with your usage, expectations and goals with Keranique.

Hi Katherine, we are so happy to hear that you are experiencing the expected results!!! Keep up the great work 🙂
      Thank you for sharing your experience!!

3. Dorthy Cooper-Logan says:

I have not received my keranique regrowth treatment. It is December and the other one is all used up. My hair is at a standstill. I was told when I received the bottle last month that you would send the rest and you did not.

Hi Dorothy, thank you for reaching out. I have located your account and I see that the Keranique Regrowth Treatment has been processed and is in Pre-Shipment status. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Liaison to reach out and provide you with your tracking number.

4. Claudia Herod says:

Hello Keranique, I eceived my order today, Tues 11th December 2018 and am looking forward to starting the treatment
    Thank You Claudia H.

5. Kelly Brown says:

I was so excited to start this program again. I tried it a few years ago, & it worked great! However, this time around, it doesn’t seem to be working nearly as well. Though I feel the length has benefited, the actual thickness of my baby fine hair, has remained unchanged. Honestly, I don’t care for the thickening mousse, or spray, only due to the feel of the product in my hair. I’ll continue w/ it, for a bit longer, in hopes of a change, but I don’t have the money to spend on this product if it’s not going to work for me.