Colored hair is more common than natural hair now-a-days, it seems. With so many women coloring their hair, it’s unfortunate that the options for great hair care are so limited. Many shampoos are too harsh and wash color away. With that in mind, Keranique created a full line of products to cater to those who have color-treated hair. Changing your hair color is a fun way to change your appearance and boost your confidence. Some women do it as often as every 2 months!

Hair Coloring Process

Though new hair colors are fun and exciting, the process can be damaging to your hair if you aren’t taking proper precautions to protect those colorful locks. During the coloring process, the chemicals in the hair dye often break the bonds inside the fiber of your hair and the outer layer, known as the hair cuticle, can also be damaged. With this knowledge, Keranique has created Color Boost Shampoo and Conditioner that not only repairs your hair strands, but protects them from future damage by repairing and nourishing the hair fibers, follicles and even your scalp.

Protecting Your Color

Another concern for color-treated hair is the amount of time the color stays vibrant and strong. Keranique’s Color Boost Shampoo and Conditioner was developed to help reduce color washout and fade. The vibrancy and life of your hair color is extended when using these products. Say goodbye to dry, broken, and dead hair, and say hello to soft, shiny, and healthy hair that’s full of color. Maintaining your color-treated hair is important not only for your hair’s health, but also to have you feeling your best.

10 thoughts on “Keranique Products for Color-Treated Hair

1. Madonna Hanshaw says:

Hello, I have a subscription to your hair products, but am not sure if the shampoo and conditioner I’m using is for color treated hair. If it’s not, can I change the shampoo and conditioner to the color boost for color-treated hair? Or do you have to order that in addition to? Thanks!!

HI Madonna,
      Thank you for using Keranique! I have sent a request to our Customer Relations team to contact you and better assist you with customizing Keranique to suit your needs!

2. Rhonda Ryder says:

I would like to look into the shampoo and conditioner for color treated hair. I am already a customer and wondering if it cost more than the regular. Thank you.

Hi Rhonda,
      Thank you for your interest in Keranique Color Boosting Formula. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Liaison to better assist you with customizing your system to suit your needs.

3. Nell says:

Hello~ how long do I have to wait before applying the Keranique re-growth product after I color my hair? Someone told me you have to wait 2-3 weeks after you color your hair before applying the re-growth product since some people have a reaction or their hair color changes if they apply the re-growth sooner after coloring. There is no mention of how long to wait in the instructions. It seems to me that the re-growth product would not be effective if you wait that long before applying it after coloring your hair. Please advise.

Hi Nell! Thank you for using Keranique Regrowth System! We recommend that you skip Keranique Regrowth Treatment the day before you color, the day that you color and the day after you color your hair. You should not wait 2-3 weeks, waiting that long between use of the treatment will – definitely – affect the efficacy!
      Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions, our Customer Service team is available 24 hours a day at (888)237-4131

4. Nell says:

Hello~ I have another question about the application of the re-growth product. If I have to dampen my bangs in the morning to style and blow dry them, should I apply the re-growth product after I dampen and blow dry them, or do I apply it before I dampen the bangs? If I need to apply the re-growth product before I dampen the hair, how long do I need to wait before I dampen the bangs and blow dry them? Thank you.

Hi Nell,
      If the bang area is an area that you are looking to fill in and regrow, you will want to dampen the scalp prior to applying the Regrowth Treatment. Once the Treatment has absorbed, you can go ahead and style! I certainly recommend using the Lift & Repair Treatment while you are blow drying for more voluminous hair!

Please check out this video, our model demonstrates the correct application process with Keranique Regrowth Treatment. The precision sprayer allows direct access to the thinning/balding spots. After you spray, gently tap the treatment into your scalp for the best results. And always finish by washing your hands with soap and water, thoroughly. About 15 seconds in you can see the demonstration, as Celebrity Stylist, Franco Della Grazia talks about the benefits!