Regardless of whether we love our hair or hate it, it takes work! We have to contend with all the varying factors that seem to change our hair just when we think we’ve got it figured out. These are not always changes that we have any control over, for example, depending on where we live, when the seasons change, so does our hair! As we age, hormones in our body start shifting and so does our hair!

When there is an adjustment to our diet, or even our stress level, we can sometimes see a direct correlation to our hair. Why? Well, simply put, our hair interacts with, and then reacts to, our body and its environment. If we are eating very healthy foods, rich in all the vitamins and nutrients our body needs, we can often see a shift not only in our waistline, but in our skin and hair as well. In contrast, when we don’t eat well, it can often leave our hair dull and susceptible to breakage and even hair loss. Stress also has a big part to play in how our body reacts, and studies have shown that hair loss can be a side-affect to high levels of stress.

So, what’s there to do?

Though we can’t control the weather, we can take control of what we eat. Start by incorporating a good, healthy, balanced diet into your life. Next, we really must take our mental health into account. Pent up anger, fear or frustration can be very damaging, so find a release for tension, like a hobby or daily exercise. It can be simple things like taking a lunch time walk or volunteering at a pet shelter or local garden.

Next, if climate is an issue, sadly, we can’t control that, so we have to adjust our hair products according to the season. In the summer months we have more exposure to the sun and tend to swim and shower more often, so wear a hat when you’re in the sun for long periods of time and use a conditioning shampoo. The natural oils in our scalp are designed to protect our hair and scalp, so if possible, try not to over wash your hair.

In the colder months, the dry air also dries out our hair, so make sure you’re using a good rich conditioner and monthly hair conditioning masks. Split ends are the enemy, so a trim every few weeks will keep your locks healthy and happy. And, if you blow dry or flat iron your hair, make sure to allow your hair a few days each week to rest and recover.

Hopefully some of these tips will help restore your hair, just don’t get too worked up over it, remember, stress isn’t the answer!

21 thoughts on “Best Practices to Restore Your Hair

Hi Linda,
      Our Customer Relations Liaison will reach out to you shortly to provide the tracking number for your shipment.
      Thank you!

1. Nancy says:

I am not getting my products = shampoo – conditioner & vitamins. Haven’t Rec in months. Please heck on this.
    I want individual packed vitamins.

Hi Nancy,
      I am sorry to hear that you haven’t received your automatic shipment. I have sent a request to our Customer Relations Liaison to better assist you with your account. Thank you, we can’t wait to get you back on track with Keranique!!

2. SYLVIA JIMENEZ says:

my last automatic shipment was in July 2018 ? I was informed the PRODUCT is shipped EVERY OTHER month
    Please explain why A MONTHLY auto payment ? the monthly payment covers the full amount for my product.

Hi Sylvia,
      We have multiple offers for Keranique, most offers do *typically* include an enrollment into our Customer Preferred Automatic Shipment Program in addition, the offers usually involve splitting the total payment up over 2-3 months, to make the monthly payments more affordable. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Liaison, Pam, to reach out and better assist you with your individual account.
      Thank you for your patience and we look forward to better assisting you!

3. Margaret Stephenson says:

Hi. As with other people responding to this blog, I am making regular payments but have not been receiving products. Would like to know when shipments will be made, as the materials said I could cancel any item in advance and I do not want the conditioner again in my next shipment since I use such a small amount of it.

Hi Margaret,
      I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations team to better assist you with customizing your automatic shipment program.

4. Esther S Wollman says:

Thanks for advice to manage stress.Did not know it had so much to do with the hair.I will do my best .And you guys are the best.And what do you mean by trimming split ends. Do you mean cutting of some hair?

Hi Esther,
      It’s true there are so many factors such as stress, pregnancy, hormones, etc… that cause hair-loss in women.
      And yes, trimming or cutting the split ends off will definitely help to keep your hair healthy and happy! We also offer our Lift & Repair Treatment spray which will help to protect your hair while styling, in addition the Lift & Repair Treatment Spray actually works to repair split ends and damaged hair. You can see more about it, right here: https://keranique.com/product_card/Lift_Repair_Treatment_Spray
      – Keranique

5. Elizabeth Rowell says:

I have been using keranique products for six years and was happy with things until I wanted to use the 8 day minoxidil treatment that as that time could be used twice a month but I was sent the stronger version that could be used every other month and each month if needed. With this stronger dosage I ended up with 3 bald spots on the top of my head. I then started using just the Follicle Boosting Serum, lift & repair treatment spray and the marula oil hair treatment mist only when my hair is wet. However, I am very discouraged as my hair is wispy, sometimes comes out in my comb, and I would like to know if I should discontinue with the follicle boosting and go back to the minoxidil. I of course use the Keranique shampoo and conditioner. I would appreciate some suggestions.

Hi Elizabeth,
      I think that you should absolutely go back to using Keranique Regrowth Treatment with Minoxidil. Every few months, it may not hurt to use the 8-day Intensive Fusion Treatment for that extra boost of Keratin Amino Complex, but after the 8-days go back to the Regrowth Treatment. I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Liaison, Pam, to discuss your experience, usage, and hair goals with Keranique, to better customize Keranique to suit you.

6. Cheryl Cooke says:

I do not want to “subscribe” or to make monthly payments to Keranique. Please Do NOT begin charging my monthly account. Thanks.

Hi Cheryl,
      Please expect a contact from our Customer Service team to better assist you.
      Alternatively, they are available 24 hours a day at:
      Australia: 1800-826-871
      New Zealand: 0800-442-465
      USA/Canada: 1-888-237-4131

Hi Maria,
      Thank you for using Keranique! A Customer Service team member will reach out to you to update the addresses on your account.

7. Marjorie Vogel says:

Please tell me how to use the re- growth spray. I thought it said to use twice a day. That used it up real fast.I need bigger type, to be able to read instructions. My hair is very thin at the top of my head. What are the best products to use, and how often.

Hi Marjorie,
      Thank you for your question. Please check out this video, our model demonstrates the correct application process with Keranique Regrowth Treatment. The precision sprayer allows direct access to the thinning/balding spots. After you spray, gently tap the treatment into your scalp for the best results. And always finish by washing your hands with soap and water, thoroughly. About 15 seconds in you can see the demonstration, as Celebrity Stylist, Franco Della Grazia talks about the benefits!
      Also, I have sent a contact request to our Customer Relations Liaison, to better assist you with Keranique.