Listen to what Dr. Mindy Goldstein has to say about thinning hair:
Thinning hair is a common problem amongst women. In fact, millions of women in the U.S. experience hair loss or thinning. If you suffer from hair loss or thinning, it can be comforting to know that you are not alone. There are multiple reasons as to why women experience hair thinning and hair loss. Sometimes it is completely normal and cyclical, and sometimes there are underlying issues. Before getting stressed about what is going on with your scalp, consider these several factors that can contribute to hair loss.
Here are 5 reasons that may be the cause to thinning hair:
1) Pregnancy: During pregnancy, women undergo a mix of hormones that confuse the hair growth cycle, putting it off track – a difficult delivery can also cause hair loss. For more information on this, check out our article on postpartum hair loss.
2) Anemia: Having an iron deficiency doesn’t only cause headaches and low energy levels, it also causes hair to thin and eventually fall out if the correct actions aren’t taken. Sometimes a change in diet can improve this condition, but ultimately you should consult your physician to see what treatment options are right for anemia.
3) Genetic Factors: In some cases, hair thinning, or hair loss is hereditary. It is not necessarily tied to your mother or father’s hair loss condition, but hair loss is seen intergenerationally. Fortunately, genetic conditions are often triggered by environmental factors, so products with minoxidil, like the Keranique Hair Growth Treatment may still be able to help you.
4) Stress: High levels of stress do enough damage to your body, but it also plays a role in your hair growth. Testosterone levels increase due to high levels of stress, causing the hair growth cycle to change, which can eventually lead to hair thinning.
5) Nutritional Factors: Not getting the right nutrients that your body needs can cause lack of nutrients in your hair. Too much consumption of fatty foods and even rapid weight loss can result in hair thinning.
Many of the reasons women experience hair loss are external factors like stress or diet. Other times, hair loss is due to more serious illness. While Keranique hair regrowth products can help you regrow your hair and fill in bald spots, only your doctor can diagnose underlying health issues.