Thinning hair can occur as a result of so many factors, but often, it can be traced back to one element. A naturally occurring chemical in your body called DHT, or dihydrotestosterone, can be triggered by external or internal factors to make your hair follicles shrink until the hair falls out. Fortunately, the Keranique Deep Hydration Scalp Stimulating Shampoo includes DHT-inhibitors, an advanced ingredient that is rarely found in comparable shampoos.

Rachel Raczka, for Women’s Health listed The Keranique Scalp Stimulating Shampoo as the best shampoo for preventive measures, writing, “Keranique’s unique blend includes a DHT-inhibitor, which aims to penetrate the scalp and follicles to deliver a keratin amino complex, developed to add resilience and protection. This one can contribute to improved texture, healthier strands, and yes, even new growth.”

14 thoughts on “What Does Dihydrotestosterone Do to Your Hair?

1. Michelle says:

Does the shampoo lather? I have used other shampoos that don’t and unfortunately it increased my hair loss (i used for a year and half) I don’t want to go down that road again…..I don’t have hair to spare. 😧

Hi Michelle,
      Although Keranique is sulfate and paraben free, there is a slight lather to the shampoo. Also, we offer a Deep Hydration Formula, sulfate and paraben free. The Deep Hydration formula is fortified with Keratin and Panthenol to provide combability, detangling & smoothing without weighing the hair down. You can see more here: https://keranique.com/

• Diane says:

I have been using the system since October and although I have not seen any new hair growth the texture and appearance seems a lot better than it was. I use the deep hydration formula of shampoo and conditioner. The shampoo does lather but not a lot and you can feel the tingle. I highly recommend the deep hydration conditioner I have very fine hair and this totally de-tangles. I have had natural curly hair my entire life and have had a hard time taming it. It looks pretty good and I love the smell of the shampoo and conditioner

Hi Diane, hair shedding at the beginning of the treatment may happen for a small percentage of users, but it’s temporary (usually lasting from 2 – 6 weeks at most), and this can actually indicate that Keranique is working. So it’s really a good sign! Hair grows slowly – on average hair grows about ½ inch per month. It has to emerge from the follicle before it grows from the scalp, so there may be a short period of 3 – 4 months before you will begin to see a visible difference. Keep in mind, as the Keranique Hair Regrowth Treatment with 2% Minoxidil begins to take effect and regrow hair, it is important to realize that it can also help stop further hair loss by revitalizing and stimulating hair follicles.

2. Sudan Yinger says:

The article said that Karanique can be used as a preventive to results caused by dihydrotestosyetone., but what if the damage to the hair follicles had already been done? Can it reverse the damage it does it just prevent it?

Hi Sudan,
      Thank you for your question. Many Keranique products not only helps to prevent DHT damage, but also helps to reverse the damage caused by DHT.

3. Judy says:

My hair lose all around my face & hair line is now gone. I have tried the about everything to get my hair back. Even when yo a Doctor an that I would not the treatment.
    I am thinking about a wig because my hair loss is so bad. I sick of it.
    I take the Keranique daily essential & now what about the shampoo & condition. Would it help me.

Hi Judy,
      We think that you will love Keranique. Keranique Regrowth System contains the only ingredient FDA approved to regrow hair in women, in addition, our Keranique Regrowth System is clinically proven to regrow hair. However, hair loss and hair regrowth differ by individual because we are all different, therefore we offer a full 120-day money back guarantee to ensure your satisfaction. A Customer Relations Liaison will reach out to you shortly.

Hi Becky,
      Thank you for your question. Keranique Regrowth Treatment with 2% Minoxidil contains the only ingredient FDA approved to regrow hair. However, since chemotherapy can cause scarring of the scalp, it may not work to regrow. We do offer a full 120 day money back guarantee to ensure your satisfaction.

However, we have other natural products to support healthy hair. Take a look at all of our products here: https://keranique.com/hair-growth-products

Hi Lourdes,
      The Keranique Regrowth Treatment contains 2% Minoxidil which is one of the only ingredients FDA approved to regrow hair. Since Alopecia Areata is non-scarring, this treatment may help to promote hair growth or help to hide hair loss by promoting fiber development on the hair follicles. In addition, the Keranique Regrowth System has been clinically proven to regrow hair, keep in mind, hair growth takes time, it can take up to 4- 6 months to see some new growth, but with each use, you will be improving the health of your hair. In addition, we offer a full 120 day money back guarantee to ensure that you are seeing results and are satisfied with the system. You can see more here: http://www.keranique.com