Did you know that you can actually damage your hair while you sleep? Scary, right? However, if you know how to protect your hair while you sleep, you can wake up with healthier and more gorgeous hair! Here are some tips for protecting your hair while you get your beauty rest:
- Don’t go to bed with wet hair. Make sure your hair is thoroughly dry because wet hair has been known to get more damaged easily. You should also brush your hair right before bed to minimize knots and tangles.
- If you’d like to wake up with waves and minimize your hair getting in your face during your sleep, go to sleep in a braid. The options are endless. You can try one braid, two braids, French braids, fishtail braids, etc. The tighter your braid is, the wavier your hair will be when you take them out in the morning. You can also use rollers while you sleep to wake up with fantastic curls.
- Try sleeping on a silk or satin pillowcase to reduce damage to your hair and it has been known to enhance shine in your hair too. If you’d rather not change your beloved pillowcase, try wrapping your hair in a silk scarf as you snooze.
- If you do tie your hair up at night, don’t use elastic bands because they can pull your hair and cause damage and/or breakage. Instead, use a soft scrunchie and don’t pull your hair too tight.
- If your hair is very dry and/or damaged, try using a leave-in conditioner or conditioning treatment all night to wake up with moisturized and healthy hair.
Follow these tips closely to maintain healthy hair that looks amazing when you wake up in the morning! What is your favorite tip or what tip did you not know? Let us know by commenting below!