Have you ever considered changing your shampoo based on your hair type? Or do you only choose a shampoo based on the smell or the price? It can really benefit your hair to choose a shampoo that will work best for your specific hair type or hair’s needs. It can help you make the most of your hair’s natural texture. But, it can be confusing because there are so many different types of shampoos out there. Here are some tips to help you select the best shampoo for your hair type:
- If you have dry or damaged hair, look for rich shampoos and avoid clear shampoos. Avoid ingredients like sodium laureth sulfate, which has been known to strip your hair. Look for shampoos that contain conditioning ingredients like shea butter or go for two-in-one shampoo and conditioner combos. You probably don’t need to wash your hair every day. Aim for a few times a week, depending on how many products you use in your hair. You can also follow these rules if you have curly, wavy or very thick hair.
- If you have oily and/or fine hair, you should look for clear shampoos that contain thickening ingredients such as wheat protein or panthenol. You can benefit from washing your hair daily and you should try a clarifying shampoo at least once a week to remove excess residue.
- If you have very coarse hair, you need to use the most hydrating and creamy shampoo you can find. Look for ingredients like coconut oil, macadamia nut oil or shea butter.
- If you dye your hair often, you’ll need a shampoo to help keep your hair color strong and your hair healthy. Use a color-protecting shampoo that will help hydrate and prevent the color from fading.
- If you have blonde hair, you might benefit from a silver or purple shampoo. These can help to hydrate and maintain your bright-colored locks.
- If you have sensitive hair and skin, look for shampoos that do not contain sulfates or parabens.
- If you have dandruff and/or itchy scalp, you may want to try a dandruff shampoo to control the flakes.
What type of hair do you have? What type of shampoo do you use? Share with us below!