If you want big hair, you may have to tease it to achieve the volume you crave. However, teasing your hair may cause it to become damaged.1 Here are the steps you should take to tease your hair properly to get big, beautiful volume:
- Start with dry, cool hair. Never tease wet hair because it is more susceptible to damage and breakage.1
- Get a teasing brush with a fine tipped end and bushy bristles. The fine tipped end will help you create sections and the bristles will help create a full tease. Before you start using your teasing brush, brush your hair thoroughly with a regular brush to start with a smooth canvas.1
- Work in sections. Work in small sections to ensure maximum volume and lift.
- Take a section of hair and spray hairspray or texturizing spray. Once you’ve sprayed the section with your spray of choice, slowly comb your hair back towards your scalp. Don’t brush it too hard or fast. Only comb downwards to avoid damage and tangles, but will still give you enough volume. Don’t forget the back of your hair, which is easily missed.1
- Once your hair is teased to your liking, smooth down the top sections of your hair with your comb and set with hairspray.
- When you’re ready to wash your hair after you’ve teased it, brush out the teased hair first with a wide tooth comb. Comb through the bottom sections and work your way up. This will avoid damage as well.1
Do you ever tease your hair? Have you ever damaged your hair from teasing it? Share with us your thoughts!
1 – From Bustle