There are so many different styling products on the market today, it can be easy to find one that compliments your specific hair type. Have you ever wondered which ones would be best for your specific hair texture and length? Here is a list of different types of products to assist in achieving your hair goals:
- Pomade is ideal for short to medium length hair. It has a medium to strong hold when applied to damp hair. Many people choose pomade if they are looking for a more natural looking hold, with a lot of shine.
- Wax is commonly used on short hairstyles. It has medium hold, with little to no shine. This is extremely suitable for many types of hair, as it is easy to apply and does not make the hair stiff. It is especially popular for those with wavy or curly hair because it eliminates frizz while adding natural-looking definition. Wax is often applied to dry hair but can be used on damp hair as well.
- Gel Product is used for a strong hold on your hair. It is ideal for a wet and/or stiff look. This is the go-to styling product for someone who wants a style to last through questionable weather or possibly a sporting event.
- Cream Product is almost always used for a perfect “blowout”. It can be applied to towel-dried hair before blow-drying with a round brush. A cream is best complimented with hairspray and/or shine spray.
- Another hair product gem is sea salt spray. It can be used to achieve that naturally beautiful beach wave look. It should be applied to wet hair and slightly scrunched with your hands, to ensure the ideal wave look.
- Dry shampoo is a must for those who do not wish to wash their hair every day but want to keep their hair looking and smelling fresh. This, however, is best used on hair with little to no product in it. This ensures the just washed look without stepping into the shower or bath!
What are your favorite types of hair products? What brands do you use often? What type of hair do you have? Share with us below!