Believe it or not, stress and anxiety can cause you to lose your hair.1 If you are experiencing hair loss that has been going on for a while and your doctor has ruled out any other causes, you are probably just way too stressed out.
Stress can cause several different conditions that are related to hair loss. Some of the most common are:
- Alopecia Areata is when large clumps of hair around your scalp suddenly fall out.1
- Telogen Effluvium is simply when you notice more hair falling out than usual. Everyone loses hair and it is very natural, but if all of a sudden you are pulling tons of hair out, you may have an issue.1
- Trichotillomania is when people constantly pull out their hair without realizing it, like a nervous habit.1
So, how do you start feeling less stressed fast and regain your hair’s growth? Here are some of our favorite ways to feel less stressed quickly:
- Laugh! Laughing, even for a short period of time can lift your mood fast and help you to feel relief from stress.
- Get support. If you have too much on your plate or are going through something, seek support. Talk to close friends and family or a therapist to get things off your chest.
- Meditate. Meditation has been proven again and again to help relieve stress the more you practice. Try a short, guided meditation to ease yourself into the practice.
- Journal. Journal your thoughts and feelings to release any tension.
- Start by tackling the smallest and easiest tasks first. If you are feeling stressed and overwhelmed simply by the number of things you need to get done, try starting with the smallest and easiest tasks. It can help you feel a sense of accomplishment and give you momentum to keep going.
- Get outdoors. Nature is the best stress reliever. Spend some time in nature to reevaluate.
If you need some help with hair loss, try our Hair Regrowth System. It combines Scalp Stimulating Shampoo, Volumizing Conditioner, Hair Regrowth Treatment, Lift Repair Treatment Spray, and two bonus gifts: a brush and a comb specially designed for your treatment.
Have you ever experienced hair loss from stress or anxiety? How did you overcome it? Share with us below!
1 – Facts from the Calm Clinic