Let’s be honest, does your hair frizz easily and are you afraid to go out in public with air dried hair? Many of us have been there! Natural hair can be super thick or a little wavy and frizzy. Some people always make sure they style or straighten their hair before they leave the house. However, there are tons of ways you can air dry your hair and make it look fabulous, even if you have frizz! You just need the right products and tips. Here are the most common mistakes people are making when they air dry their hair and how to fix them:
- Let your hair dry naturally. If you do so, you might end up with some unwanted frizz. Make sure to use products that are specific to your hair type and what type of style you are after. If you are unsure what to use, consult with your hairstylist the next time you head to the salon.
- Don’t use too much product or you could end up with greasy or stiff hair. When you ask for advice on what products to use, also ask for the amount of product you should be using.
- Let your hair dry in its natural part. If you let your wet hair dry in its natural part, your hair will become very flat. Try using some volumizing spray or mousse on your roots and part your hair on the opposite side that you usually do. When it is dry, pull it back to its natural root for a better look.
- Scrub your wet hair with a towel. You might think you are making your hair dry faster by scrubbing it with a towel, but really you are just damaging your hair and causing breakage and frizz. Just squeeze out the water from your hair gently. Another option would be a micro fiber towel, as it is softer and a better option for the health of your hair.
- Going to bed with wet hair. Not only will you leave your pillow wet, but you’ll damage your hair in the process. It can cause tension and tangles which lead to breakage in your hair. Either let it dry before bed or wash your hair in the morning.
- Don’t forget about your roots when applying product to your hair. Try flipping your head upside down and getting product to the roots to create volume.
Do you ever let your hair air dry? Have you been making these mistakes when it comes to air drying your hair? Share with us what your hair type is and if you ever air dry your hair! Share your favorite products too!