This week, we sat down with a live Q&A with Keranique Brand Ambassador Franco Della Grazia.
- Q: When I get my hair blown out or drying by my hair stylist, I often notice steam coming out of my hair. Is this bad? Should this make me nervous?
A: What that steam is, is condensation usually from washing hair right before styling. The steam is nothing to worry about; it’s reacting to your product in your hair or the moisture in your hair.
- Q: When blow-drying your hair, do you recommend combining a heat protective spray and texturizing mousse on a daily basis prior to drying. What’s considered too much?
A: It’s important to apply heat protecting spray first to protect the hair shafts and then layer the styling product or mousse onto your hair. You can do this daily, but make sure when applying product you start out using small amount and then add amount to hair to ensure not using too much product. Additionally make sure not to apply product all in one place on your hair, spread it around.
- Q: Is it okay to color or perm my hair while using Keranique?
A: Keranique is perfectly safe to use on both permed and color-treated hair. We do however suggest that you skip your Hair Regrowth Treatment on the day that you get your hair treated with coloring or perming chemicals.
- Q: How often should you do a pre-shampoo, deep conditioning treatment or mask?
A: There are definitely a lot of products out there, so it’s important to find the ones that work for your hair. Conditioning treatments should be applied when hair is feeling dry (like skin, it needs to be moisturized to keep it healthy). Do a conditioning treatment once a week (especially during the summer when environmental damage, like sun and swimming, is more common). During the winter you can do it less often.
- Q: Which hair types should not use a texturizing mousse?
A: The alcohol content in the product is a big factor. Pump mousses tend to have a lower alcohol content, which makes it more lightweight. When its lightweight, it can be used on any hair type. When you have “skinny hair” which means your hair cuticle is very tight, you need to use texturizing product on your hair to get your styling to hold.
- Q: What are your best styling tips when you’re short on time in the morning?
A: These days, women are over washing their hair, wash it only 2 or 3 times a week if you can get away with it. Then make sure you are using the right products for your hair to help your hair in between washes. Use texturing products to re-style hair the day after you wash it. Mix your style up; try wearing your hair in a creative up-do that is different from the day before.
- Q: Is it okay to leave product (like hairspray or dry shampoo) in your hair overnight?
A: You don’t need to worry about keeping products on your hair. Just make sure to brush your hair out when your day is over to help stimulate your scalp, prevent buildup and distribute the product throughout your hair.
Watch the video below, and Like Keranique on Facebook for more tips and tricks!