We all suffer from them. Split ends are a natural occurrence from everyday use and abuse of our hair. Unless you keep your hair short with monthly cuts, you are likely to also suffer from the evils of split ends, but there are things we can do to help!
Here are some helpful tips to keep our ends healthy and happy.
- Brush out. Comb out.
- For straight or wavy hair, brush your hair before you hop in the shower to detangle.
- For curly or textured hair, once you’ve add conditioner use a wide toothcomb or run your fingers through your hair to detangle safely.
- Condition! Condition! Condition!
- After shampooing, add conditioner and leave it in for a few minutes before rinsing. Once you’re out, gently towel dry your hair and then add a leave-in conditioner.
- Check out some of the split end treatments on the market for a little added protection.
- There are great all natural home remedies that can also help your split ends. (explore Google or Pinterest for recipes and instructions)
- Comb when wet:
- Brushing your hair when it’s wet will cause more split ends and breakage, so try to get into the routine of only using a comb on your wet hair.
- Minimize heat:
- Try not to over use your styling tools. Use the lower settings for hairdryers and flat irons. It’s so easy to fry your hair!
- When possible, let your hair air dry and give it a rest from the heat.
- Trim time:
- Regular trims will keep your split ends from splitting further, so stay on top of them for longer and healthier hair.
To learn more, visit Keranique, at HSN.