Award Shows are a great time to get inspiration for a new look! All that glitz and glamour……not to mention the hair styles!
Our own Brand Ambassador Franco Della Grazia recently showed Marie Claire’s Brittney H Levine how to make three of our favorite looks from the Oscars red carpet: Hailee Steinfeld’s chic bun, Emma Stone’s soft waves, and Olivia Culpo’s sleek pony.
Here’s how you can get the look at home!
- Night or day before wash hair and blow dry
- Blend a mousse or texturizing spray into the hair
- Blow dry directionally towards where you are fastening the ponytail, make sure the ends of the hair have a slight bend to it.
- Separate the top front of your hair into a triangle (From the ends of your eye brows)
- Put the remaining hair into a ponytail
- Separate sections of the ponytail and use a 2 inch curling iron to add bend and movement
- Then use a light hold hairspray and a small dressing brush, and loosely wrap each section around the pony tail to build shape.
- Using a round brush or larger curling iron add movement and height to the top triangle section
- Loosely bring the triangle hair section back, wrap the remaining length of the hair around the ponytail shape
- Lightly spray with a medium hold hair spray
- Wash hair with a volumizing shampoo and conditioner
- Prep hair with a volumizing mousse or texturizing spray, and blow dry product into hair
- Section off the hair horizontally starting at the nape of the neck where you will begin curling the hair
- Use a large curling iron on the bottom section directionally from left to right
- Use large round brush to smoothen the hair and to add body, then part the hair to your desired angle
- From the mid length to the ends use the curling iron to blend the hair into the etched formation that was done in the back
- Use smoothing brush and light hair spray to hold
- Leave top of head for last, putting a deep left or right part in the hair; style around the face
- Pull back the one side with a bobby pin or clip and medium hairspray for finish
- Prep hair with texturizing spray
- Blow dry the hair directionally with a side part
- Use a straightening iron from the mid-length to the ends
- Secure the hair into a ponytail with elastic cord for desired position
- Use a dressing brush and medium hold hair spray to smoothen the top section
- Use matte paste to style the front (don’t use a gel to prevent shine on the forehead), then spray with medium hold to secure look
- Add hair accessory to wrap around at the base of the ponytail for a fashion forward look
Watch the video below, and Like Keranique on Facebook for more tips and tricks!