In the cold winter months, your hair can go through a lot of damage. For those living in frigid temperatures, you’re likely under a hat at all times. Well, depending on the fabric, it could be drying your hair out, causing split-ends, and we all hate the dreaded ‘hat hair.’
Here are some quick and useful tips on how to keep your hair strong, healthy, and looking great all winter long…
- Washing your hair too often will dry out your hair and your scalp.
- Don’t use hot water when lathering up, lukewarm water is both better for your hair and skin.
- Try not to over use heat styling products like hairdryers, flat irons and curling irons.
- Make sure your hair is dry before going out into the cold weather.
- Trim your ends every 6 weeks or so to get rid of split ends.
- Always use moisturizing shampoo and conditioner.
- Use a deep conditioner once a week to give it added nutrients and avoid breakage and split ends.
- Add a few drops of olive oil or coconut oil to wet or damp hair.
- Drink plenty of water and eat a healthy diet to help make your hair and nails stronger and more beautiful from the inside out.
- Consider investing in a humidifier to help keep your skin, hair, and sinuses from drying out.
- Wear a hat when you are out in the elements, but try to avoid synthetic hats that can be rough on your hair. You might also want to consider wearing a silk cap under your favorite wooly hat to keep it protected while also avoiding hat-hair.
The cold months mean that you need to supply our hair with a little TLC, so keep it moisturized, protected from the elements and eat well to give it the vitamins and minerals it needs to stay healthy.
To learn more, visit Keranique, at HSN.