Do you want to try a deep hair treatment but don’t know where to start? Here is a DIY avocado mask that you can make with ingredients in your kitchen! But a perfect mask is useless unless you know how to properly apply it. So we included five easy steps that you should follow to get the maximum moisture. Enjoy!
DIY Avocado Mask:
For this mask you will need 1 avocado, ¼ cup of olive oil, 1 tbs spoon of lemon juice, and 1 tbs of honey. Once you have gathered these ingredients you should mix them in a blender or a food processor. If you have neither you can do it by hand, however it will take longer to get the right texture. Once the mask is of creamy consistency it is ready for application!
1. Wash Your Hair: Before you apply the mask to your hair, it should be clean and damp. You should not wait until the hair is dry to apply the mask to your hair.
2. Apply the Treatment Everywhere: Make sure that you apply your mask everywhere on your hair. You should also focus the application of your mask on the bottom half of your hair since that part tends to be the driest. To make sure that the product is evenly distributed use a wide-toothed comb and brushing your hair with it.
3. Cover Your Hair: Once you have applied the mask to your hair, make sure that your cover your hair with something. You don’t want the mask that you made to get all over your clothes, so use either a towel turban or a shower cap. That way you can maximize the smoothness of your hair without ruining your clothes!
4. Wait 20-30 Minutes: To get the smooth silky hair that you desire be sure to keep the mask on your hair at least for 20 to 30 minutes. You can keep it longer than that time frame, just make sure that you don’t keep it on for a lesser amount!
5. Remove Your Cover: Once you have kept the mask on for the necessary amount of time, you may remove the towel turban/shower cap. Then, be sure to rinse out the mask out of your hair and style your hair as you usually would. Letting your hair air dry will allow more moisture to stay in it and in turn make it softer.
Enjoy the softness of your hair!
To learn more, visit Keranique, at HSN.